SPECIALIZED BREASTFEEDING PROGRAM
The following TIMELINE is to help you plan the next few months prior to your child’s birth:
2 to 4 months before your child is born:
- Attend a complimentary Newborn Care class with us. This class covers newborn appearance, basic baby care, feeding, illness, crying , sleeping and topics special to you!
- Please contact Becky Thome, RN at (561) 509-5009 x2010 for more information and scheduling.
1 to 2 months before:
- Schedule a prenatal visit to meet our doctors.
2 weeks to 1 month before:
- Install a car seat.
- Did you know that Palm Beach County Fire Rescue will properly install your car seat, at no charge? Give them a call at (561) 616-7033 to schedule.
- Register at the hospital.
When your child is born:
- Tell the nurse that Palm Beach Pediatrics is your child’s doctor. We see newborns at Palms West Hospital and Wellington Regional Medical Center daily.
- Call the office to make an appointment. Based on your baby’s individual needs, our office will instruct you on when to make the appointment:
- For breast-fed babies we usually will see your baby within 24 – 48 hours as we have a special breast feeding program for new moms.
- For formula-fed babies we usually will see your baby at one week of age.
- Add your newborn to your insurance. Most insurance plans require newborns to be added within 30 days of their date of birth.
Due to a decision by the State of Florida, we would like to inform our Molina HealthCare and Aetna Florida Healthy Kids patients that effective January 01, 2019, Palm Beach Pediatrics will no [...]
Children should ride in a rear-facing car safety seat as long as possible, up to the limits of their car safety seat. This will include virtually all children under 2 years of age and [...]