SPECIALIZED BREASTFEEDING PROGRAM
The following TIMELINE is to help you plan the next few months prior to your child’s birth:
2 to 4 months before your child is born:
- Attend a complimentary Newborn Care class with us. This class covers newborn appearance, basic baby care, feeding, illness, crying , sleeping and topics special to you!
- Please contact Becky Thome, RN at (561) 509-5009 x2010 for more information and scheduling.
1 to 2 months before:
- Schedule a prenatal visit to meet our doctors.
2 weeks to 1 month before:
- Install a car seat.
- Did you know that Palm Beach County Fire Rescue will properly install your car seat, at no charge? Give them a call at (561) 616-7033 to schedule.
- Register at the hospital.
When your child is born:
- Tell the nurse that Palm Beach Pediatrics is your child’s doctor. We see newborns at Palms West Hospital and Wellington Regional Medical Center daily.
- Call the office to make an appointment. Based on your baby’s individual needs, our office will instruct you on when to make the appointment:
- For breast-fed babies we usually will see your baby within 24 – 48 hours as we have a special breast feeding program for new moms.
- For formula-fed babies we usually will see your baby at one week of age.
- Add your newborn to your insurance. Most insurance plans require newborns to be added within 30 days of their date of birth.
Palm Beach Pediatrics is a primary care medical setting that serves children and families 0-20 years old. Our practice initiated an integrated mental health program in January 2018, which has grown exponentially over the [...]
State of Washington health officials and governor declare public health emergency due to measles outbreak in Vancouver, WA, and Portland, OR, area; 35 cases confirmed
On January 18, Clark County, Washington, officials declared a public health emergency in response to a measles outbreak in the area. On January 25, Washington Governor Jay Inslee proclaimed a related state of emergency for all counties [...]